One of our US colleagues, my friend Chad Barr, recently asked in an international forum what the key challenges of our clients are. I thought this was a superb question to think about. Here is my answer that results from our current projects:
Low or medium growing companies:
- Lack of differentiating from the competition.
- (Not) attracting the target group exactly enough (if they even know what their target group is).
- Ego trumps long-term strategy.
- Archetypical growth brakes institutionalized in companies departments.
- Not knowing where they are on the growth curve and take inappropriate action therefore.
High growth (or companies with a high growth attitude):
- Handling high growth with the existing systems / processes.
- Transferring people from „normal growth thinking“ to „high growth thinking“.
- Getting the right people on board.
- Convincing their shareholders that the management isn’t doing a kamikaze ride.
- Thinking long-term.
What are the key challenges you are facing trying to grow your business?
(c) 2012, Prof. Dr. Guido Quelle, Mandat Consulting Group